Sunday, February 24, 2013

And the Oscar for Best Tweet Goes To...

Here are Week 6 @Twitstery tweets of the amazing new sequel to Executive Severance

"Posing as a medical student, she was trying to find out who is behind all the shortages and outages." "At a Caribbean medical school?"

"It IS warmer there during the school year not to mention the scuba diving. Anyway, she didn't have the MCAT scores for a stateside school."

"So you're saying any old Caribbean medical school would do. How did she end up lost in the Bermuda Triangle?" "You need to find out."

It was a moment of decision. Do I stay safe, in debt and out of work, or do I risk my life, my fortune, my sacred honor to pursue a fantasy?

Do I go off on some harebrained quest with no support, no chance of success and little hope of survival? My gut knew I had only one choice.

“I can't do it. Your very existence is doubtful. Therefore, anything you say is in doubt. You want me to risk everything on nothing,"

"There's $50,000 in it for you. I'll have cash in an escrow account by morning." What did my gut know anyway? It was a moment of decision.

“I'll do it. Here's my plan: First, Find Regi." "Fantastic!" "Second, look into the reality-altering scheme you're worried about." "Great!"

“Third, I'll get the British to reinstate the shilling." "I think you miss my point." Fourth, I'll learn how to pronounce Eyjafjallajökull."

"That's EYE-a-fyat-la-jo-kutl." "If you say so. I have one question." "What more do you need to know?" "Not who you think I am WHO?" "Hunh?"

"You're not a ghost?" "No." "Are you a figment of my imagination caused by a fragment of beef?" "No." "Willum Granger, resurrected?" "No."

"Returned from the beyond to warn me?" "NO." "His zombie?' "NO!" "So you must be his clone." "In a manner of speaking." "What do you mean?"

He backs toward the door which opens a little wider with every step until it is fully open. "Stressed spelled backwards is desserts" he says.

I'm not stressed but I want dessert so I go to the door. He has vanished! Whether he faded into mist, or mist enshrouded him, I can't tell.

Faster than you'd say "doppelganger" he is gone. Then from behind the door he says "My time grows short. Methinks I scent the morning air."

"Yeeeah! Don't do that!" He had been there all the time. "You must" "I know visit three places." "I was going to say 'get your door fixed'."

"It swings opens by itself." "I've been meaning to get it fixed." "Kind of creepy, when it opens like that." 'Well, you should know creepy."

"I'd argue that anything creepy has been in your own mind." "Bah, Humbug!" "Check it out yourself. Just get started before it's too early."

"Do you have any suggestions about where to begin looking for Regi?" "The University has administrative offices stateside. I'd start there."

"Don't let them know I sent you" "I won't" "Or why you're probing." I wouldn't "Or tell  them my name." "I can't. I don't know who you are."

"Be careful. The for-profit education business is brutal." "And their stateside office is where I'll find Regi?" "No. It's a cheaper trip."
(The Twitter Mystery continues daily at @Twitstery)

No comments:

Post a Comment