Sunday, November 2, 2014

I Can Hazmat? — Tweeted Mystery "The Golden Parachute" Continues

Here are Week 93 @Twitstery tweets of The Golden Parachute, the amazing new sequel to Executive Severance!

"We weren’t exactly inseparable." Rixey says "I thought you were together the whole time." "I fell asleep. Arkaby joined me in bed later."

"Were you asleep long enough for Arkaby to gain entrance to Farley's safe room, administer his lethal mechanism and then cover his tracks?"

"You propose that in an extremely short span of time, Arkaby got through a barred door that completely thwarted you and your men?" "Yes."

"Once through that SOLE entrance he killed my uncle in a mysterious and unnecessarily thorough manner?" "Yes." "Then he hid it all?" "Yes."

"Removed all traces of pink residue from his person, relocked the blast-proof door FROM THE INSIDE, and then returned to my bedside?" "YES."

"Where he seduced me, caused me to feel things no woman has felt before and then fell asleep beside me?" "I'm not sure about the last part."

"Snuggling against me, spooning me in a way that drove me crazy with the desire to do it all again?" "I'm REALLY not sure about that."

"You think that's what happened?" "A working hypothesis." "It's also impossible!" I say "I made you feel things no woman has felt before?"

"More or less." Rixey says "I've learned that once you eliminate the improbable, whatever remains, no matter how impossible, is the truth."

"I drove you crazy with the desire?" "Yes. More or less." Rixey says "I'll give you the 'sleeping with' parts. Can we focus on the murder?"

Regi looks him squarely in the eye. "Not yours to give." I say "And you have that quote wrong." One of the cops says "Makes sense to me."

Rixey says "What parts do you find improbable?" I say "In the efficient case, I didn't want to do it, and even if I did, I couldn't do it."

"In the formal case, Farley's remains in liquid state will make the real killer hard to find." "Not hard for a real detective." "Uh huh."

"In the material case, the killer being an efficient killer will have left no material clues as to his or her motive or method of murder."

"In the final case, I've no logical reason to plaster Farley all over the place." "I can think of lots of reasons." "Maybe you did it then."

"Don't be ridiculous!" "I'm not being ridiculous, I'm being Aristotelian." "Save it for the judge." We hear sounds of scuffling outside.

Just outside the safe room Body Parts R Us technicians in white hazmat suits struggle with police CSI technicians in yellow hazmat suits.

Rixey and Dot say "Tell your men to stand down. No! You tell YOUR men!" I'm in charge here! No! I'm in charge!" I say "I'll settle this."

I step up to the plastic barrier and say "What's the problem?" A cop in yellow hazmat says "The lab rats want to contaminate a crime scene."

A white-suited BP R U hazmat tech says "These cops will BE biohazard contaminated if they pass this barrier before we finish our tests."

"They wear hazmat suits. How can they be contaminated?" I lean against the plastic barrier. Both white and yellow hazmats recoil in horror.

(The Twitter Mystery continues daily at 
@Twitstery)

No comments:

Post a Comment