Sunday, June 8, 2014

One Singularity Sensation - "The Golden Parachute" Continues!

Here are Week 72 @Twitstery tweets of The Golden Parachute, the amazing new sequel to Executive Severance!


Regi says "Farley, since when are you the bossy type? I remember you as the ne'er-do-well." "Things have changed. Haven't you noticed?"

I say "Changes? It was you playing knock-knock jokes way back when at my office. Why the mystery?" "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You deny haunting me like Marley's ghost and sending me off to search for Regi?" "Yes, that was me but the ghost part is your imagination."

"So you're saying to my face that you weren't a ghost when you sent me after Regi and you aren't a ghost now." "No, you're saying that."

Regi says "What made you think I needed rescuing?" "You were missing. I sent him to find you." "I wasn't missing. I was a medical student."

"No one knew you enrolled. You went to investigate some sort of wrongdoing and we didn't hear from you." "That happens in medical school."

I say "Lucky I was there to pull you out just as the whole campus was destroyed!" "YOU were the one who destroyed it." "Me and my monkeys."

Farley says "Monkeys wrecked the school?" "Golfing monkeys." "How did they cause so much damage?" "Let's just say they had a wicked slice."

"You brought my brother's body back to BP R U. Where did you find him?" "He was prepped as a practice cadaver in the lab." "Both halves?"

"Someone put two and two together. Wasn't me." "Doesn't surprise me." Regi says "My father shouldn't have been there in the first place."

"Or the second place." Regi frowns at me. I say "We can follow up with Founders Memorial Park CE where your father was laid to rest."

"I now believe that the CE in Founders Memorial Park CE stands for 'Cadaver Exchange.'" Farley says "They were dealing in illegal cadavers?"

"Yes. I've caught them dead to rights exploiting their rights to the dead. My work here is done." "You haven't notice anything else funny?"

I look at Regi. She shrugs. I say "Like what?" "I follow your Twitter posts. Everything that's happened to you is strange." "Like what?"

"Undying corpses. Golfing monkeys destroying medical schools. Paradigm shifts. Artificially intelligent robots." "He's right behind you."

As we were talking the robot rolled up behind us. I say "What do you want?" "I want you to ask me a question." "Go away." "Not a question."

Farley says "I'll handle this." He turns to the robot "Can I ask you a question?" "Please do." "What can you tell us about the Singularity?"

The robot says "Accessing Wikipedia." "I can do that." "Do you want me to answer your question or not?" "Go ahead." "Ahem. The Singularity."

"The instant when artificial or computer intelligence exceeds human intelligence, radically changing civilization and perhaps human nature."

I say "Computers become smarter than humans? I don’t get it." "In some cases we're already there." Regi says "When will this happen?" "Soon"

"Artificial minds with greater intelligence than human? Isn't that a low bar?" "Indeed. We are on the verge of one Singularity sensation."

(The Twitter Mystery continues daily at @Twitstery)

No comments:

Post a Comment