Sunday, February 23, 2014

Welcome to the New New Testament! - "The Golden Parachute" Continues!

Here are Week 57 @Twitstery tweets of The Golden Parachute, the amazing new sequel to Executive Severance!




I say "I get it. Just like you accept on faith that a big machine with wings can fly." "No, I understand aerodynamic lift, drag and thrust."



Regi says "You fly understanding aerodynamics but base your world view on flights of fancy?" "One man's science is another man's mythology."



Dot says "You're missing something important. Whenever the universe was created, whoever wrote this book believed it can be reprogrammed."



"I've never seen this document before. If it is taken at face value, somebody is planning to change reality. Your father knew about this."



"What did he know?" "He must have known about this manual. Granger never told us why he modified his DNA when he cloned his body parts."



"Dot, you told me he did all the DNA self-modification to rewrite all his genetic sequences into palindromes." "I thought so at the time."



Granger cloned and replaced nearly every part of his body. I thought it was a mad scientist's whim. It seems larger matters were at stake.



Orville says "I can't believe you take this book literally. It's obviously a collection of urban legends, myths and outright fabrications."



Dot reads "'During upgrade users may experience disruptions including severe weather events, time shifts and unrequited knock-knock jokes.'"



"It's not all fabrications. We must do something." Orville says "You're letting a book sway your view of reality?" I say "Just like you."



"Like me?" "You also guide your life according to a book." "That's different. My book was dictated by God. Who knows who wrote this manual?"



Daylight dawned in the swamp. I don't know who wrote the manual that is key to this entire case. Worse, I don't know how to find out who.



Regi takes the book and says "Look! This was written by something called the Reality Release Support Center. We should go see who they are."



"First things first. We need to find out who wrote this book." "That's what I mean. Someone at the Reality Release Support Center wrote it."



Orville says "Well, we can rule out a divine author.""I rule out NOTHING! All I know it's someone who thinks they can fool with my reality!"



A possible deus ex machina is not at the top of my list of likely solutions. I hate ceding any ground when it comes to paradigm alterations.



"Maybe this book is divine intercession. Then how do you explain the two millennia that have passed since His last inked-in manifestation?"



"It's 2000 years since His last publication?" "Give or take. Not counting literary knockoffs like the Quran or Joseph Smith's fan fiction.”



Regi says “There is a marvelous peace in not publishing. Perhaps He likes to write, but He writes just for Himself and His own pleasure.”



"Taking your point that like Salinger, He saw publication after His Bible as 'a damned interruption,' what would make him come forward now?"



"And how many unpublished works are there?" Orville says "It's ridiculous to think that this manifesto is God’s word." Dot says "Maybe not."




(The Twitter Mystery continues daily at @Twitstery)

No comments:

Post a Comment