Sunday, February 2, 2014

Back Home In Time for the SuperBowl! - "The Golden Parachute" Continues!

Here are Week 54 @Twitstery tweets of The Golden Parachute, the amazing new sequel to Executive Severance!

He's tall, thin with an Errol Flynn mustache. As he strolls up Dot confronts him. "Where have you been?" "Got spooked by that burning jet."

"We're in the middle of the tarmac. Where were you hiding?" "I hid in this guy's air taxi. I figured it wouldn't be going anywhere soon."

"Why were you scared?" "I thought that jet would crash. I have this thing about plane crashes." "You're a pilot!" "Haven't crashed yet."

"Fear of flying is a piloting advantage?" "I never take unnecessary chances, especially when it comes to not keeping my feet on the ground."

Dot says "Orville is an excellent pilot." David smirks. "You want to fly with that?' Orville's hands are shaking. I say "Are you all right?"

"No. I'm not Orville Wright. A frequent error. I was named after him, but no relation." "Your hands are shaking. Are you sure you can fly?"

"Why can't I fly?" "You seem nervous." "Who, me nervous?" "Yes you. Are you OK?" "That's just my pre-flight jitters. I always get them."

Orville's whole body is quivering. David smirks. "You'd rather fly with him?" Regi and I shout "YES!" "That's what you really want?" "YES!"

Orville says "I'll be fine. I'll get it together." David says "Then I guess this is goodbye." "Goodbye." "I'll be moving along." "Great."

"You have my card if you ever need transportation." "Sure." "You know…" "What?" "It's still not too late to tip the pilot." 'Fat chance."

David doesn't move. Orville say "Alright then. If everyone will climb onboard." And to David "If you could just move a little to your left."

Almost casually, David walks toward his air taxi. As Orville climbs into the Cessna's pilot seat, his shakes cease. "OK, strap in" he says.

Turning, David shouts "Any live man is better than any dead man but no live or dead man is much better than any other live or dead man."

I shout "Your illusions are a part of you like your bones and flesh and memory." Regi says "Poor David. Do you regret letting him go?" "NO!"

Orville says "You're not buckled in." He turns to Dot next to him "You're not buckled in either. We can’t leave 'til everyone’s buckled in!"

Orville unbuckles and steps out of the plane. I say "What are you doing?" "Just checking. You can't be too careful." He circles the plane.

Dot sticks his head out the side window. "Can you hurry up? We don't have much time!" "Almost finished. Is everyone buckled up?" Yes, YES!"

Orville climbs into the pilot seat, buckles in and starts the engines. Dot says "Are you sure the body is secure?" "I'd better check." "NO!"

Three exterior fuselage surveys and four seatbelt checks later we are low on fuel and in violation of FAA flight crew shift regulations.

Finally we are on our way. Dot sits copilot. Regi and I are buckled in side by side. Granger's everlasting body rests peacefully in cargo.

Regi asks "Where's Dash?" Dot says "Returning by boat. He doesn't like to fly." Orville says "Don't blame him. I don't like flying either."

(The Twitter Mystery continues daily at @Twitstery)

No comments:

Post a Comment