Sunday, September 6, 2015

A Real Down-to-Earth Guy — Live-Tweeted Mystery "The Golden Parachute" Continues

Here are Week 137 @Twitstery tweets of The Golden Parachute, the amazing new sequel to Executive Severance!

"As a Dickensian other-worldly visitation it made perfect sense that you'd exhort me to save the world from a time-altering paradigm shift."

"It did?" "Sure. What always struck me as odd was your insistence I find Regi and return her to the States. Why would a ghost want that?"

"I never said I was a ghost." "Yes you did." Again I scroll back through my Twitter feed. I read "'You're not a ghost?' You replied 'No.'"

"That's quite ambiguous. Did you mean 'No, I'm not a ghost', or 'No, I am a ghost'?" Willum says "I see where it might confuse some people."

"You left open the question of whether you were a clone and I took it from there." "Where did you take it?" "I called Body Parts R Us."

"You called BP R U? Why?" "To ask Dot or Dash if they had built a clone of you." "That's not how cloning works." "That's what they said."

Regi says "There's so much I don't understand. If that wasn't you severed by A's malpractice, who was it? Was that what happened to Stuart?"

Willum says "That wasn't Stuart. Those were my own cloned parts from the lab. I don't know what happened to him. I assume he's really dead."

"What about Farley?" "That wasn't me." I say "Despite defenses someone got to him." "He should have known you can run but you can't hide."

Is that right? Isn't it you can hide but can’t run? I'm not sure how many surgeries Granger endured, but I think something still is loose.

Before I can consult my urban dictionary, Regi says "Why did you stay away so long?" "I had to be sure you were safe before I could act."

"Safe from what?" "I know it sounds crazy, but everything I said to Arkaby is true. Some one or thing is bringing about a paradigm shift."

"After all we've seen, it doesn't sound at all crazy. What's our next move?" They look at me. I say "We return to the seen of the crime."

They stare at me in confusion. Finally Willum says "Which scene of which crime?" "I've got the heat breathing down my neck about Farley."

"Heat? Oh yes, your own department head accused you of Farley's murder. Why did they do that?" Regi says "He forced us into his Safe Room."

"That's a motive?" "Farley shot at me but hit Regi." Regi holds up a bandaged arm. "Ah. Then why did they blame you?" "They don't like me."

"I find that hard to believe." Nobody likes a smart aleck, even if he's just returned from the dead. Regi says "Oh, he's likable enough."

"One thing bothers me. If that wasn't you we found severed that day, how did your body end up at Regi's medical school?" "That wasn't me."

Regi says "We figured that. Who was it?" "I don't know. I assume my clone parts were buried at the Founder's Memorial Cemetery, as planned."

I say "They had a dead start at Founder's, but they walked. That's not the weird part. They were your clone parts and they didn't decay."


The Twitter Mystery continues daily at @Twitstery

No comments:

Post a Comment