Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Parting Shot - "The Golden Parachute" Continues!

Here are Week 79 @Twitstery tweets of The Golden Parachute, the amazing new sequel to Executive Severance!


"What does 'the essential is invisible to the eye' mean?" "What you can't see CAN hurt you." "Sure, like I didn't see your crazies coming!"

"Crazy is not taking refuge from the Singularity." "Make yourself safe. Regi needs medical attention." "Once you leave I lock that door!"


"Go ahead. Lock it." "It's the only way in or out!" "Cuts down the ambiguity." "You won't be able to get back in." "We're not coming back."


Regi says "Before now Uncle Farley I had absolutely zero respect for you. Now I have even less." I say "Below absolute zero? That’s cold!"


Farley says "Your father would want you to stay here." "MY FATHER?" Regi walks up and grabs his collar. "Don't you dare speak of my father!"


"Get your damn dirty paws off of me!" "What?" She slap him across the face, hurting her hand in the process. "Ow! What's the big idea?"

"Did you miss the parts about hiding from the AI Singularity, eyesight invisibility, the safe room I'm locking myself into when you leave?"
"No Farley, I get that. How does crawling into your big hidey hole solve anything?" "Ah Regi! You never were good at adding two and two."
There is no blunt object within reach. Regi says "Arkaby, can I borrow that ERUPT manual?" I jump between them. "Why are you two fighting?"
Farley and Regi say "S/He started it." "I don't care WHO started it. Relatives don't fight." "What are you talking about? We always fight!"
"I always fight with Farley. He's the black sheep of the family. Never a kind word." "And Regi has always been the chronic underachiever."
Farley and Regi say "No, I'm not! Yes, you are! I’M NOT!” I say “Save your irresolvable disputations for the soaps. I’m after the truth!”
Farley says "What truth?" "The truth of what this is all about." "I told you." "I don't believe you." "I'm hurt! What don't you believe?"
"Mostly the parts about hiding from the AI Singularity, eyesight invisibility, the safe room you're locking yourself into when we leave."
"I'm sorry I ever contacted you." "I have one question before I go. What was the deal with the knock-knock jokes?" "What knock-knock jokes?"
"When you first knock-knocked on my office door you never answered my question." "Which was?" "Who's there?" "Not me." "Huh? Who was it?"
"Let me explain it to you." Farley grabs my wrist and pulls the ERUPT Manual out of my jacket pocket. "Hey!" I twist free and step away.
"What are you doing? Give that back!" "I was going for my gun. Wrong pocket." Regi says "Guys?" I reach for the Manual. Farley says "Trade?"
"Trade what?" "The ERUPT Manual for my gun?" I laugh. "Not a chance." Regi says "Guys? I'm bleeding." Farley says "Let the book decide."
Farley opens at random. "' Incompetence is the last refuge of the violent.' Hmm.That doesn't help." Regi says "I said I'M STILL BLEEDING!"
While Farley's distracted I take back the ERUPT manual. "We're done. Regi, let's have that arm looked at." Regi says "Goodbye Uncle Farley."


(The Twitter Mystery continues daily at @Twitstery)

No comments:

Post a Comment