Sunday, June 29, 2014

Technology Free Zone - "The Golden Parachute" Continues!


























Here are Week 75 @Twitstery tweets of The Golden Parachute, the amazing new sequel to Executive Severance!


"You can't use that phone here!" "YOU told me to tweet my experiences." "When did I say that?" "I'll show you." I bring up my Twitter feed.

"You're using it again!" "Wait." "Arkaby?" "Almost there. Wait Wait. Yes! No! Wait. Wait. Wait." "ARKABY!" "Wait. Wait. Wait. OK Read this:"

"Farley reads 'I just reality-checked you with your own Tweet. That's what's needed as our reality is attacked.' That's not what I said."

"Yes it is. It's right here in Twitter." "That's what you tweeted, but not what I said. You shouldn't be tweeting everything I say anyway."

"How can you reality check if I don't tweet?" "YOU don't reality check. I reality check...Are you tweeting my words right now?" "Maybe."

"First you say keep tweeting. Now you tell me stop. Make up your mind!" "Why are you so intent on messaging?" "The message is the medium."

Farley says "My office in on total communication lockdown. You have to turn that off." "OK." "I mean all the way." "I've stopped tweeting."

"Turn your cell phone all the way off." "OK." "Are you still tweeting?" "Yes I am." "Do you not understand what 'all the way off' means?"

"Here's the thing. Regi and I experienced some of those time shifts you warned about. I used my Twitter feed to reconstruct the present."

"What time shifts?" "We saw misdirected US Marines looking for 1984 Grenada and Victorian England transports of fancy here at the airport."

Regi says "Don't forget Mr. Wright. We flew with the father of modern aviation!" I say "That was the wrong Mr. Wright. Not the original."

Farley says "Your pilot was the architect? I thought he was dead?" "That's not right, not that Wright." I have a strange sense of deja vu.

"This is bad. Worse than I thought." "I still don't get it." "Let me spell it out for you." "Don't bother. I know how to spell." "Um, OK."

"I'll put it in terms you understand. Everything you care about in the world is coming to an end." "Don't sugar coat it. Tell me straight."

"Show me your book." "What book?" "You picked up an ERUPT manual in the Caribbean. It may be the key to understanding the paradigm shift."

I hand Farley the ERUPT Manual. He reads a few lines and tosses it back to me. "I was wrong. That is obviously complete nonsense." "Really?"

I open the Manual and read "'With social media we no longer have to remember the past. We can look it up.' You don't think this relevant?”

 
"Are you suggesting that Twitter is our document of record?" "'Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'” "Exactly!"

Regi says "Uncle Farley why did you create this technology free zone?" "If the Singularity has already happened, it could be listening in."

"Listening in like the NSA?" "Worse. There are no Edward Snowdens exposing the possibility of a Singularity suveillance, at least not yet."

I open the ERUPT Manual at random: "Two may keep a secret if three of them are dead." Farley says "What does that have to do with anything?"


(The Twitter Mystery continues daily at @Twitstery)

No comments:

Post a Comment