Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Weiner Screener: A Device to Prevent Computer or Mobile Access to Social Media While A Politician - The Golden Parachute Continues!




























Here are Week 28 @Twitstery tweets of "The Golden Parachute" the amazing new sequel to Executive Severance

I see a tiny sliver of water. "Why are the MegaDorms built lengthwise toward the beach? No one inside has a view." http://bit.ly/15ao71l

The six MegaDorms sprawl across the lower campus in a apparent parody of Le Corbusier's Plan Voisin for Paris, but without thought or charm.

On a sheer precipice beyond the final MegaDorm, a quaint village of classrooms, administrative and lab buildings basks in the Caribbean sun.

Each dorm faces another dorm rather than an ocean view. Stacy says "The University has to provide housing for every the student they admit."

"Yes. Mary Kwitecontrari told me if not for MegaDorm income, the medical school wouldn't be for-profit." "I don't know anything about that."

"Don't students complain about coming to the Caribbean and having no ocean view?" "This isn't a beach resort. They come for the education."

"A Caribbean MD is good enough for me! Any chance I can contact a student I know?" "I'll see if they can spare someone to show you around."

Stacy goes into the guardhouse. David is still there, leaning against his jeep. I say "I'm fine. You can take off." "I got your back, boss."

"I don't want you to get my back. I want you to get going." "We'll see." "You heard what we said?" "Yeah, way too much architecture for me."

"They paved paradise and put up MegaDorms." "Wait 'til you see the Mega lecture hall." Stacy returns. "A student will show you around."

She hands me an ID badge. "Always keep that on you. You can't be on campus without it." She turns to David. "YOU can’t be on campus at all."

Unmoved, David smiles. He is beyond school property. Stacy can only frown. I ask "Not that I care, but what did he do?" "What didn't he do?"

"First, he made fun of the Chancellor's milk guzzling." "Umm." "And he ridiculed his ADHD." "Oh." "Then he mocked the school accountants."

"And, despite repeated warnings to stay away from campus, he keeps showing up. We couldn't make him stay away. So we made him a Dean."

"What did he do as Dean?" "He had the great idea to hold a huge beach party for our students after exams. It became a regular school blast."

"The administration even provided alcohol." "What went wrong?" "How about thousands of med student twenty-somethings on drunken rampages?"

I ask "Encouraging your stressed out med students to party hardy? You didn't think anything could go wrong?" "That's not why he's banned."

"Faculty and administrators partied too?" Stacy smiles at me. "Ya think? Events finally forced them to step in and be party poopers."

"What changed their minds?" She glares at David. "Someone had the bright idea to combine our post-exam Hellzapoppin with Parent Visitation."

"David was the driving force behind this part of it. We later found out he also ran illegal booze from Puerto Rico in his air taxi."

David says "Seemed a good idea at the time." I ask Stacy "You saw this happen?" "I was Dean of Students then. Now I'm a security guard."

(The Twitter Mystery continues daily at @Twitstery)

No comments:

Post a Comment